Fabrication & Repair
Need some help with composite products? Take a look through our most commonly asked questions
General safety advice
- Always observe the general precautions associated with manual/power tools and equipment. When sanding, machining or cutting composites, we recommend you wear a long-sleeved coverall and dust mask Composite dust is non-toxic but can cause skin irritation.
- To extend the life of your cutting bits and tools, we recommend that you avoid applying excessive pressure when drilling, routing or sawing.
- During any machining operation, avoid generating excessive heat as this will soften/burn the bonding resin and may produce a ragged edge.
- Ensure your composite material is properly supported during cutting to prevent warping and chipping at cut edges.
- Seal all holes and cut edges with an acrylic spray or epoxy resin.