Exel Wind Energy Components
Exel Composites has a long history with composites since 1960 when the company was established.
For more than 20 years Exel has supplied the composite solutions to wind turbine manufacturers that enable lighter and bigger rotor blades and thus cost savings, faster manufacturing process and improved energy efficiency even with low winds.
Truly Global Presence
• We serve global customers locally and local customers globally
• We ensure the production capasity with our eight factories in seven countries
• We offer design capabilities based on more than 50 years experience in composites industry
• Machining capabilities to meet customer’s demand
Exel Product Range
Exel Composites offer tailored composite profiles and laminates to the leading wind energy solution suppliers.
Carbon, glass or hybric fibers can be used with different resin systems.
• Wind turbine blade reinforcements:
›› Carbon and glass fiber profiles
›› Exel rotor blade laminates
• Wind turbine blade root joints; Glassfiber spacers and carrots
• Cable management products: cable holders and ladders
• Service platforms and ladders
• Insulation components for generators
Pultrusion provides the best mechanical properties
• Accurate fiber alignment
• No wrinkles – excellent surface
• Fast production due reduced mold time
• High, consistent quality
• High strength, high fatique strength,