Fibre reinforced Laminates
Exel designs and produces a wide range of special fibre reinforced laminates, which are used in both sporting goods and industrial applications. The laminates generally combine glass fibre rovings or fabrics, for high strength, with a special epoxy resin system, which is used for maximum adhesion. The fibres can be in various directions depending on customer requirements:- lengthwise, partly 900 or /-450 for high torsional strength and stiffness. Carbon fibres can also be included to give improved strength and stiffness properties.
- Excellent specific strength (strength / weight ratio)
- Wide range of fibres and reinforcement structures are available to achieve high stiffness, strength and torsion properties
- Corrosion and water resistant
- Special surface choices with printed papers (e.g. wood imitations), non-wovens or fabrics
- Good adhesion properties
- The usage of laminate in wood construction will minimize the effect of moisture absorption.