We are looking for a forward-thinking
To join our team at our Oudenaarde factory in Belgium.
At Exel Composites, we use over 60 years’ experience to solve challenges and help customers save resources. Our forward-thinking composite solutions made with continuous manufacturing technologies serve customers in a wide range of industries around the world. You can find our products used in applications from wind power and transportation to building and infrastructure.
Are you results-oriented and outgoing? In this management position you will combine those skills to lead our manufacturing team, reporting directly to the Business Unit Manager.
- Manage the overall production organization at our Oudenaarde factory
– Organize and ensure the local manufacturing and value-adding services (such as CNC operations) are scheduled & performed, as well as the required logistics activities needed to support these actions
– Coordinate with the Production Planner and Customer Service teams to develop the factory production plans
– Schedule and coordinate the workforce to ensure adequate staff are available when needed.
– Ensure a trained & skilled workforce (training and development) coordinating with third party suppliers as needed.
- Develop, manage, and report on operational KPIs and results, monthly to the Business Unit management and Group Operations and other teams as required.
- You will focus on scrap reduction across the operations, taking advantage of best practices to determine causes and resolutions, and share best practices and updates during production meetings.
- You will develop procedures to handle flexible production activities and deviations
- You will continue to build a safety culture and ensure safe working practices for all on site employees and visitors.
- Develop and improve production processes and activities such as:
– Continuous improvement actions across operations
– Develop production technology and machinery productivity improvements
– Continuous improvement in productivity and agreed KPI’s
– Develop and implement Lean programs with world-class manufacturing initiatives (including visual management tools) and root cause analysis
- You develop a close working network across our factories globally and also proactively share production best practices
- You take an active role in collaborating with our R&D and Sales teams to ensure profitable growth and the highest customer satisfaction
- Master or Bachelor of engineering, mechanical engineering, chemistry or similar education
- Minimum 5 – 10 years of prior experience from production. Several years in production management positions.
- Familiar with Quality Management Systems; particularly ISO 9001 and AS9100
- Must be a well-organized and motivated self-starter
- Proactively take the initiative to drive continuous improvement and lean practices in our internal daily operations
- Effective and strong verbal and written communications skills
- Proficient in English and Dutch
- Composite pultrusion knowledge is not needed in order to succeed in this job. A strong knowledge and successful track record of process development and issue resolution is required.
- You will be having a key management role in Exel Belgium Management team and in Exel global Operations organization
- Competitive pay and benefit package
Are you our next Production Manager? If you are interested or have additional questions, please contact either Kari Loukola, Business Unit Manager for Belgium, at +358 40 504 0755 or email firstname.lastname@example.org; or Katrien Delbaere, Business Unit Controller and HR Partner, Katrien.email@example.com or phone at +32 47 383 5729.
Please submit you application and CV latest by 23 August to firstname.lastname@example.org