ILS Glide Path Tower and Localizer Supports
- structures located within the graded portion of the runway strip not meeting the frangibility requirement, such as an existing non-frangible ILS glide path antenna, should be replaced by a frangible structure, if practicable, and relocated within the non-graded portion of the runway strip.
- Existing structures located within a distance of 300 m from the runway end not meeting the frangibility requirement, such as an existing non-frangible ILS localizer antenna array, should be replaced by a frangible structure or relocated beyond a distance of 300 m from the runway end.
Exel GP-tower follows the same lattice structure concept as the approach masts, but is made to cope with the demanding requirements of extremely high rigidity and frangibility. The tower is made of 5 m tall sections, with total height of 10 or 15 metres.
GP-Tower delivery includes
- anchor bolts and casting template
- sub-assemblies for on site assembly of tower sections
- antenna brackets that allow adjustment of antennas both vertically and horizontally
- cable conduits
- ladder and safety rail
- obstruction light
Frangible Localizer Supports
Exel poles and lattice masts can be applied to support localizer antennas, subject to the height and the size of the antennas.
Delivery of Exel Supports includes:
- Calculation of stability (upon request)
- Calculation of foundation loads (upon request)
- Anchor bolts and templates
- Adapter flange for the antenna
- Height adjustment for the antenna that eliminates small deviations of the foundations
- Cover tube for cabling
See our new video: Exel Composites Safety Support Structures for Airports